The Adventures of Don Chapman

I lead an exciting life.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Robotz!!

Last year I disclosed that I'm obsessed with robots. I even have one that vacuums my floor.

My friend Ben Lane, who's an animator on The Simpsons, also loves robots. Click to see a Simpsonised version he drew of me.

One time when I was at his house, I saw a portrait painting he had made of a robot. I thought it was hilarious. Kind of like one of my favorite Wired Magazine features - artifacts from the future - as if someone in the future had a painting commissioned of their personal housebot.

Anyway, when I saw it I wanted it, so he gave it to me. It now hangs proudly in my studio. I think it's funny that it showed up on the
TV clip of when I was on the 700 Club:



Here's a pic straight on:



Ben has upload more awesome drawings of robots to his blog. Check them out, robot loverz!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger Mark said...

    Hey Don,

    Gene Klosner's roommate Mark, here. We just finished making a robot cartoon for you. Gene did the laser voice sound. I drew the cartoon and did the other sound effects.

    How do I send it to you? Regular email, etc? It's an .avi video.

    Later,

    Mark

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home